Musical Mondays: My Fall Playlist

by

Happy Monday!
Or perhaps not so happy, because after all, it is Monday. Mondays can be so much more than we make them; a new start for example. But who are we kidding, as much as our perspectives can change the outlook, Mondays still suck. So to help with the suck, I like to listen to some good music to deliver at least some sort of cheer and sunshine to the otherwise suck-fest and gloom that is Mondays.
I don't know about anyone else out there, but I have a vibrantly strange mix of taste in music, as you shall soon witness. I am also incredibly obsessive about playlists. Here are my three rules for playlists:
(These are not rules YOU should follow. I am just a tad psychotic with music. Just thought I'd share).

  1. There must be a new playlist with each changing season. Once a season has passed, I can very rarely listen to songs of a previous playlist again for fear of changing the memories and feeling of said past season. If it has been over a year (that is the same season, different year has come and gone) I can seem to listen to past season's song a little more frequently. Not too frequently.
  2. A playlist must have a good mix of types of songs. Not too many slow, soft songs (of which I am a sucker for). Not too many upbeat fast songs. Country music typically only in summer unless special circumstances. (See this fall's playlist for example).
  3. Playlist must have a good flow. Each playlist is different but I currently like to start slow and quiet, build it up to fast and upbeat in the middle and bring it back down to slow and quiet. Very rarely is an artist's two songs beside each other in the playlist. 

What did I tell you? Psychotic! For some odd reason though, I allowed my fall playlist to break part of rule two because I do have a country album in my fall playlist. That album would be Keith Urban's newest album, Fuse which came out on September 10th of this year. There is a special circumstance, for this instance and that is because I am going to his concert in January, and want to know the songs from his new album prior to then. (PS, the album is pretty great).So here is the list of songs on my fall playlist so far, in an order I am generally happy with. ( I have a lot more Keith Urban, but alas 8tracks only allows so many songs from one album).


  • Raise 'Em Up (featuring Eric Church) Keith Urban
  • Sound of Silence (Simon & Garfunkel cover) Kina Grannis
  • Autumn Leaves Ed Sheeran
  • Kingston Craig Cardiff
  • Wayfaring Stranger (cover) Ed Sheeran
  • Cups (When I'm Gone) Anna Kendrick
  • No Faith in Brooklyn (featuring Jhameel) Hoodie Allen
  • Pompeii Bastille
  • Where the Fence is Low Lights
  • We Were Us Keith Urban and Miranda Lambert
  • Chocolate The 1975
  • Warm Whispers Black Bear
  • The Dreamer The Tallest Man On Earth


If you'd like to take a listen to these songs in my OCD order, I have an 8tracks mix that you can hear.

Float Down Like Autumn Leaves from emptyskies on 8tracks Radio.