Artwork Wednesday

by

So, yes, I have decided to continue on with this uninspired choice of name for my Wednesday post. Sometimes you just have to live with bad decisions. For now.
I have included some of my digital artwork this time, which is a bit different in style than my sketches. I also drew some characters from popular Disney films. Firstly is Aurora from Sleeping Beauty. I really enjoyed that film, but once you read the original story which from my research I can tell is Sun, Moon, and Talia (Sol Luna e Talia) by Giambattista Basile, it kind of ruins the tale for you. Or even the seventeenth century version The Sleeping Beauty in the Wood by Charles Perrault. They are kind of creepy, but I won't ruin them for anyone else. I also drew Rapunzel from Tangled, of which I truly loved. I had read somewhere that they originally wished to make the film look like a series of oil paintings but the costs would have been enormous. I still would love to see it done in that way. It sounds gorgeous. If you are wondering, I drew these with the program Pixelmator on a Macbook Air with a Bamboo tablet. They are not professional or amazing, they are just an enjoyable hobby for me.